March 20-March 22, 2020
2030 Sansom St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Taught by Hilary Jackendoff, this 25 hour Yoga Nidra Immersion at Wake Up Yoga is ideal for the established yoga teacher, yoga therapist or meditation teacher seeking to deepen their understanding of Yoga Nidra. Sign up by February 20, 2020 to save 10%.
Yoga Nidra is quickly gaining popularity in the yoga community as an easy ‘deep relaxation meditation’ – and while it is most certainly that, there is so much more to this practice. It is not only an accessible, beginner-friendly meditation, but it is also an extraordinarily powerful Tantric technique that guides you to a state of consciousness beyond the mind, where deep healing, and transformation can occur.
In this Immersion, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the true purpose and power of Yoga Nidra, both as a meditation technique and a state of consciousness. We will explore the practice, within a multi-lineage context, so you developing a broad-based, coherent understanding of its ancient roots, modern applications and spiritual benefits.
The following subjects will be presented:
· Yoga Nidra as an effortless practice of letting go
· Yoga Nidra as a meditative technique vs a state of consciousness
· Yoga Nidra in the Upanishads, the Yoga Sutras and the Tantras
· ‘Anatomy’ of the subtle body
· Sankalpa (intention) as a tool of self-transformation
· Yoga Nidra within a multi-lineage context
· The structure and purpose of the Bihar School of Yoga’s 8-stage technique
The training portion of this Immersion is 18 in class hours, 2 virtual training hours, and at least 5 hours of home practice.
***This Immersion is not a Teacher Training, but is a prerequisite for the Teacher Training component which will be offered in the Fall of 2020***